The reality of Matthew 24:7
Matthew 24 is one of the most significant chapters of the Bible for Christians on the end time’s prophecy. If you know nothing about the end time, this chapter is an excellent guide to the return of Jesus Christ to this earth.
There are many proofs that the end is near, ranging from great famines, pestilences, earthquakes, and wars occurring in diverse places of the earth. So let’ take a realistic look at these things briefly.
Signs of the end-time; Have they taken place?
The answer to the question above is YES. According to Matthew 24, these things must happen before the coming of Christ. Let’s take a quick list of them: False Christ’s, Wars, Famine, Earthquakes, persecution of believers, Great tribulation, false prophets, pestilence, A world without love, amongst others.
This great chapter of the Bible clarifies that all of these things must occur before the end of time. But, unfortunately, most of these events have occurred while others are still occurring.
According to several Christian writers and teachers on biblical prophecy, Jesus prophesied that there would be a visible increase in the intensity and frequency of earthquakes just before his return to earth. Many writers and teachers have proven that the 1990s saw a sharp increase in the frequency and intensity of earthquakes compared to the preceding decades of the 20th century. These writers and teachers see this coincidence of Jesus’ prophetic declaration and recent seismic events as a clear demonstration of the signs of his return.
Hal Lindsey, the most famous teacher of biblical prophecy in the world and author of 17 prophesy books, writes in one of her last books:
Earthquakes continue to increase in frequency and intensity, as the Bible predicts for the last days before the return of Christ. History shows that the number of deadly earthquakes remained relatively constant until the 1950s, with an average of two to four occurrences per decade. In the 1950s, there were nine. In the 1960s, there were 13. In the 1970s, there were 51. In the 1980s, there were 86. From 1990 to 1996, there were more than 150. 1
Many find it hard to believe that we live in the last days of the earth’s history. But, according to the Bible, 2 Pet 3: 3-4. “I bring to your reminder that in the end time, the scoffers will come and do everything they can to make a mistake and laugh at the truth. This will be their argument: ”So Jesus promised to return, did he? It will never come! Because, since the days of our ancestors, everything has remained exactly as it was since the first day of creation.”
Nations will rise against nations and kingdoms against kingdoms. Wars and diverse conflicts are already occurring on the earth. This is in line with Mark 13: 7-8
Things That Christians Must Know About the End Times
Matthew 24: 9-14. It establishes a very succinct and critical section of verses that describes what will happen during the end times and that will affect, especially Christians. Let me declare them briefly: Vs. 9: There will be great tribulations, hatreds, and murders of Christians throughout the world. Vs. 10. There will be the fall of the false Christians. Vs. 11: false prophets will try to deceive people. Vs. 12: the world will become increasingly evil and without love. Vs. 13: Christians will last until the end of time and will be saved. Vs. 14. The gospel will be preached all over the world. These things must happen before the coming of Christ and the rapture of the church. Let’s have a leaf through them:
1. Matthew 24: 9. There will be tribulation. The word “tribulation” comes from the Greek “thlipsis,” which means persecution. It is a word that was frequently used in the New Testament about the difficulties that Christians regularly encounter. 1 chor 7:28, 4:17, and john 16: 33 are a few scriptures that point that Christians must go through the tribulation.
2. Matthew 24:10. This tells us about this great apostasy, which means that many people will be straying from the Christian faith because they are not faithful believers. This is usually seen in churches today. When this persecution begins, when the heat rises against the Christians, these so-called Christians will leave their church, turn away from the faith, turn against the real Christians.
3. Matthew 24:11. False prophets will arise to deceive people from the one true God and the true faith. The devil will do everything possible to convince people to the desert and move away from Christ. There is a clear link between the false prophets of verse 11 and the apostasy of the so-called Christians in verse 10 because the false prophets will cause people to leave the true church, turn away from Christ, and become the antichrist.
4. Matthew 24:12. Anarchy will increase. This world will become more and more sinful and wicked. This will be especially true after the rise of the Antichrist because this wicked, unjust, and perverse man will lead this world to sin like never before. In 2 Thessalonians 2: 3-4. The peace, courtesy, and kindness that we often see in the world right now, deeply rooted in our Judeo-Christian culture, will no longer be visible, except for Christians. But his light, our light, will shine in the dark. Matthew 5: 14-16, Romans 12: 9-21
5. Matthew 24:13. This is an ecstatic verse. Jesus Christ speaks of Christians who live during the days of this great tribulation and must persevere until the end of time. Then they will be saved and raptured by Christ. Life will be tough for Christians in this time of great persecution, but many will persist and resist until the end, and suddenly they will be raptured from the earth to be with Christ.
Advice to Christians on Mathew 24
Dear Christian, do not ignore this chapter. Would you please not take it lightly? It is very significant to the Christian faith. We are talking about the most challenging days for Christians living on this earth. This information is of fundamental importance to you about Christ for the end times, as it will help you feel overwhelmed by what God wants you to be. I encourage you to read it, reread it and meditate on it continually. The study, reflect, and pray about it and be confident that it will happen. Jesus Christ does not lie. He tells you the truth. You must believe and hold fast to your faith.
As the time approaches, you can be part of the last generation of Christians on this earth, and you will see more of these prophesy fulfilled as Jesus said. One day, and it won’t be long, and Jesus Christ will return and take with love, power, speed, security, and glory all the believers on this earth to be with him forever and ever. “Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.” Revelation 22:20
Originally posted 2021-07-05 15:57:00.